Thursday, November 2, 2017

Nice Strong Arm - Cloud Machine ep (1989, Homestead)

In the mood for some insular, densely packed indie rock, often approaching something of a melancholic maelstrom?  Yeah, me too.  NYC noiseniks Nice Strong Arm never failed to satisfy in this realm.  I featured their Mind Furnace and Stress City LPs prior to tonight's offering, both of which garnered no shortage of approval.  I'm about 95% certain the Cloud Machine ep was NSA's final recorded spasm, featuring two new studio tracks on side one, with the flip providing some live action.  "Cloud Machine" is another slyly dissonant, subtly melodic post-punk jewel in the band's sinewy oeuvre, amped-out to the hilt I might add.  Can't get enough of that guitar.  The instrumental that follows it, "Cop Show" doesn't make quite the same impression, but a live (at CBGB's no less) run through the choice Furnace kernel "Faucet Head" on side two more than compensates.

01. Cloud Machine
02. Cop Show
03. Faucet Head
04. Life of the Party

Hear

7 comments:

xopher.tm said...

YESYESYESYES!

I have been looking for this for literally decades. Thank you so much.

-Xtm

spavid said...

You're welcome. Didn't realize it was so tricky to find.

dd said...

thanks once again for all these great (sometimes forgotten) albums. any change of re-ups for both Indian Bingo albums next time? Please?

bri-fi said...

Hi, Spavid...

I was wondering if you ever get the chance if you'd re-up Kilkenny Cats Hands Down and Attractive Figure... I'd appreciate it greatly. Have a nice day!

thejohnfan said...

Hello. Can you please re-up Cow Arcade by Tsunami? It's one of my favorite albums (if you count it as such) and I'd appreciate it a large quantity.

spavid said...

Will try to get to the re-ups soon.

Andrew Christopher said...

Very appreciated...I love this band.